Summary: An outline of key terms linked to a short FAQ item about each.
When the FAQ was first being put together, a marketing consultant put together this brief outline of marketing; it's still useful today.
- What is marketing?
- Where can I find some simple marketing ideas?
- Do we still need marketing if we have no fee-for-service programs?
- How do I define my programs so people will understand?
- How do I set my marketing strategy?
- Some simple marketing ideas to get started at low cost
- What is cause marketing?
- What is telemarketing?
- Are market research and marketing research the same thing?
- When should I conduct marketing research?
- Can we do our own marketing research? If so, how?
- What is meant by internal marketing?
- How do I carry out internal marketing?
- What should we say to our employees about philanthropy?
- What influences people's reactions to NPOs' materials?
- Some texts on marketing for nonprofits
Constructed from early postings to the FAQ 2/10/05 -- PB
Feedback: Please take a moment to give us feedback on this item. This link will open up an email to the editors, with some structured feedback questions. Otherwise, for comments about the content of this, or any other page on the site, please email the Editor. For comments about the functionality of the site, please email the Webmaster. When writing, please be sure to give us the exact URL of the item you are looking at and a full description of the problem you encountered.
Copyright notice: The Internet Nonprofit Center, the Nonprofit Locator, the Library, and the Form 990 Project are projects of The Evergreen State Society, in Seattle, WA, USA. These pages copyright, 2005. Material by others
included here is copyright by the original author unless otherwise specified. For reprint permission, please email the Editor.